Lifting us all: sharing our work at the United Nations
Our work exposes us to stunning data and unforgettable stories – often in the same day – and sharing what we learn with compelling institutions with the power to influence the lives of millions enhances our explicit focus on improving the livelihoods of LGBTI people and changing social attitudes.
Our choice to make visible the issue of LGBTI poverty around the world by engaging policymakers, persuading human rights organizations, and lobbying the United Nations (UN) is no choice at all. We make these connections in partnership with local and international LGBTI organisations such as ARC International, COC Netherlands, IGLHRC, and ILGA.
Below you’ll find links to our recent statements co-delivered at the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva (video included). For more information about our work at the UN please contact MRI’s Project Manager, Lucas Paoli Itaborahy
Statements co-delivered at the United Nations Human Rights Council (HRC)
- UN HRC 27: Statement on the situation of human rights in Cambodia, 25 Sept 2014
- UN HRC 27: Statement on people of African descent, 23 Sept 2014
- UN HRC 26: Statement on the human rights of migrants, 23 June 2014
- UN HRC 26: Statement on extreme poverty and violence against women, 20 June 2014
- UN HRC 25: Statement on the Right to Adequate Housing, 12 March 2014